To attain these objectives properly, the 4GUNE Cluster has taken the lead in contributing systemically to:
- Identifying the business needs and developing graduate and post-graduate training programmes as well as lifelong learning to provide effective responses.
- Forging stable alliances between universities, research and development agents, companies and industry-wide clusters that ensure the flow of information, cooperation and feedback amongst them alls.
- Stimulating coordination between universities in the Basque Country.
- Supporting development of the Basque science, technology and innovation system.
- Promoting the internationalisation of Basque university training in Europe, with a special emphasis on the Aquitaine-Basque Country-Navarre Euro-Region.
These objectives are materialised in the following four major activities:
In a cross-cutting manner across the four large activities described above, 4GUNE has defined priority operations which it has called Learning and Innovation Hubs that can be broken down as follows:
- Creating a map of abilities in training, research and knowledge transfer at the university centres which are 4GUNE members.
- Designing a programme for university-business connection through challenges.
- Building and activating spaces to design and implement cooperative initiatives to provide a better response to industrial needs.