Led by the Basque Government’s Department of Education and 11 university centres in the Basque Country, the Cluster for University Training in Engineering, Science and Technology, 4GUNE, began its work in July 2017 with the objective of helping strengthen university-business cooperation in the Basque Country as part of the new global stage, under the Industry 4.0 paradigm.
The aspect that makes this initiative stand out is promoting and consolidating cooperative dynamics between companies and universities in the region which, in turn, promote the Basque Country’s positioning as a benchmark in Europe for systemic cooperation in Industry 4.0. Thus, 4GUNE is characterised by promoting cooperation and collaboration within and amongst universities. Systemic cooperation aligned with the year 2022 University-Business Strategy of the Basque Government, which ultimately has the purpose of:
- Promoting innovation and collaborative entrepreneurship.
- Strengthening strategic alliances between universities and companies.
- Promoting the transfer of university knowledge to the business world, and vice versa.
- Building upon the relationship between research groups and businesses.
- Increasing education’s impact on professional development.